Who wouldn't want to live somewhere luxurious when looking specifically for retirement homes? After all, if you’re going to look at uprooting your life and settling it permanently in a seniors' residence, why not go all out if you can afford it? While there is potentially a significant price tag to these luxury retirement homes and communities, they certainly come with some pretty enviable perks and benefits, that for many, make it well worth the money.
Top perks that are waiting for you in luxury retirement homes.
Besides some pretty “nice digs” as far as your personal living quarters and their aesthetic details, there are also plenty of other goodies all waiting for you in these communities. For example:
- A swimming pool: Swimming pools are amongst the most common add-ons to luxurious retirement homes lately. Sometimes this is combined with a hot tub and/or spa services, too.
- Gourmet kitchen and Red Seal Chefs: Food is central to life, and when you are living somewhere permanently, knowing that you will get delicious and satisfying food every single day is going to be a huge perk, especially if you are a self-described foodie.
- Theatres and live entertainment: From actual live performances put on by local entertainers to cinemas where movies are screened according to a schedule so that you can choose which ones you want to go, complete with popcorn, drinks, and candy, there is no shortage of options with this particular add-on. It’s all about entertainment, and it’s nice to know that you don’t have to go out to get to it!
- Libraries and computer rooms: For book lovers, libraries are becoming more and more common for those who live in retirement homes. Whether you take the books home to read, or simply enjoy them right there in the library just for the atmosphere, these are often well-loved by those who enjoy the concept of roaming the stacks and really exploring literature in a way that they’ve never been able to before. Many libraries are coupled with computers so seniors can use them to look at emails, search the net or go on Facebook.
- Pet care and services: Pets are a huge deal when you are looking at moving into a retirement home. Ones that allow pets to stay with their owners, and dog-walking, are well-loved specifically because many residents can’t bear to be parted from their pets. Other pets can sometimes be accepted too, though they rarely require the same “upkeep” as dogs do.
Automatic vs opt-in retirement homes
Luxurious homes often offer the option of opting into or out of certain amenities to make sure that you are able to cater what you get to your own needs. Some, such as housekeeping, might be automatic. But others, such as medication monitoring, or some meals, may be options that you can opt-out of, depending on your preferences and level of independence.
Some of these places may have all of these amenities, but most have a selection of them, There are tons of other luxury perks out there, too, these are just some of what many of them have. For best results when shopping, search specific to the luxury items that you most want.
If you are looking for assistance locating a home or resources for your loved one, you can reach out to our consulting team at email@example.com
or visit our consulting page
for more information. Our Discover 3 program
offers decision-makers and seniors, an opportunity to have a professional consultant identify 3 housing solutions based on their needs. If you need more information on care options for seniors, retirement community, or long-term care visiting tips and/or if you are interested in organizing your loved one’s information using our Care Planning Workbook, visit our publications page
for a list of options and downloads.
For additional questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
is Canada’s largest unbiased seniors’ housing database, offering consulting services, and both seniors’ service and housing directories for professionals, seniors, and their families.